Ric Mixter as he dives into the mystery of late-season storms, not only sharing rare eyewitness interviews but also award-winning video that he has recorded underwater.
• Lake Superior’s 1905 Gale, which beached several freighters including the Mataafa and Lafayette.
• The 1913 Storms: 12 ships completely disappeared and over 240 sailors were lost in a storm that sank ships on every Great Lake except Ontario.
• The 1940 Storm: Three ships destroyed and an amazing rescue of 17 Canadian sailors by Michigan fishermen near Pentwater. Includes rare film footage of the rescue!
• The Daniel J Morrell: Ripped in two off Michigan’s thumb in 1966 with only one survivor.
• The Carl D. Bradley: Two men survived the freighter breaking up in Lake Michigan
• The Edmund Fitzgerald: Rare underwater footage from Ric’s visit to the Fitz in 1994.
Free for members, $10 for non-members.
Memberships can be purchased online at http://
Memberships will also be sold 30 minutes before the lecture, with prices beginning at just $35 for an individual yearly membership or $50 for a family.